Financial Topics and Tips
19 Reasons to Create and Stick to a Budget
Budgeting allows you to create a spending plan for your money. It helps ensure you will always have enough money for the things you need and the things that are important to you.
1. You’ll spend less.
2. You’ll always have enough for fixed expenses.
3. You’ll argue less about discretionary spending.
4. You’ll save more.
5. You’ll have money for fluctuating expenses.
6. You’ll feel more in control of your finances.
7. You’ll be motivated to increase your earning potential.
8. You’ll feel less guilt about impulse purchases that are within your budget.
9. You’ll feel more responsible.
10. You’ll set a better example for your kids.
11. You’ll spend less on groceries.
12. You’ll invest more.
13. You’ll never miss a bill payment.
14. Your stress levels will decrease.
15. You’ll be prepared for financial changes.
16. You’ll be able to make quicker decisions.
17. You’ll find yourself choosing healthy meals and snacks.
18. You’ll be protected from debt.
19. You’ll see potential money problems before they happen.
If you would like to arrange a complimentary financial wellness and financial management consultation, TTCU offers a free service for our members -- Greenpath Financial Counseling -- confidential, experienced and at no cost to you! Click here to learn more.