It happens to the best of us. We forget to make the deposit carried in our wallet. We didn't write down the trip to the doctor or grocery store. With busy schedules, it's easy to forget things. Privileged
Assurance from TTCU helps protect your checking account and save you from embarrassing moments.
Privileged Assurance provides an added level of protection when you find just too little cash in your account. It’s like a safety net that protects you from overdrafts, saves you money, and provides added
peace of mind.
TTCU pays overdrafts for the following transactions in the Privileged Assurance program*:
- ACH withdrawals
- Bill Payer transactions
- Checks written off your account
- Recurring debit card transactions
- Everyday debit card and ATM transactions (requires specific opt-in*)
We understand mistakes happen and while we do not advocate overdrawing your account, helping you keep your account in good standing is important to us.
TTCU provides a number of other ways to help you avoid overdraft incidents:
- Automatically transfer funds from another account - by linking your checking account to a secondary account (such as your savings), funds will be automatically transferred from that account if your checking is overdrawn.
- A personal line of credit transfers money into your account if it’s overdrawn. You must apply for this loan and pay interest on any funds used.
- Free online banking allows you to check your account balance every day in “real time.”
- Automatic account alerts - sends an email or text message to notify you when certain activity occurs, including when your balance drops below a level that you specify, or when a debit transaction occurs.
- Using mobile banking and our “Instant Balance” feature, you can keep track of your account activity and, if needed, make immediate transfers using your mobile device.
*TTCU reserves the right to pay or not pay any item at our discretion when there are insufficient available funds in your account to cover the transaction. We may consider your relationship with the Credit Union, account history, financial behavior, and/or other factors when determining whether to pay an item (overdraft) or return the item for non-sufficient funds (NSF).
For members age 26 and older with accounts in good standing, you are automatically eligible for Privileged Assurance and no action is required on your part. However, you must sign a form to approve extended coverage for your one-time debit card and ATM transactions. Members age 18-25 must opt-in to the Privileged Assurance program and to one-time debit card and ATM transaction coverage.
The Credit Union will notify you by mail when overdrafts occur. We will contact you periodically until you have brought the balance positive. It is your responsibility to correct any balance deficiency as quickly as possible. TTCU does not pay overdrafts that would make your account overdrawn by more than $500. Participation in the Privileged Assurance program is strictly voluntary. If you do not wish to participate, you may complete a Privileged Assurance Removal form online or at your local branch, or give us a call at (800)-622-2535.