TTCU Switch Kit
Thank you for choosing The Tennessee Credit Union as your new financial partner. We are ready to serve you. We want to make it fast, easy and convenient for you to switch your accounts to the Credit Union.
Step 1: Get Organized
• Gather all available information about your existing checking account that you want to transfer.
Step 2: Sign up for Direct Deposit and Set up Automatic Payments
• To move your direct deposits, complete the Authorization to Change Direct Deposit Form.
• For Social Security direct deposits, visit the Social Security Administration website at www.ssa.gov and sign in to "my Social Security" account to start or change Direct Deposits online. Or call the Social Security helpline at 1-800-333-1795.
• Set up automatic payments with our Authorization to Transfer Automatic Payments Form or use TTCU Online Banking with Free Bill Pay to help you better manage your payments, money and time. Make additional copies of the Authorization form, as needed. You will need one for each automatic payment recipient.
Step 3: Close Your Old Accounts
• Verify that all of your scheduled checks and automatic payments have cleared.
• Complete the Authorization to Close Account form and send it to your previous financial institution. Note: If your account is interest-bearing, please consider your account closing date carefully. (Some financial institutions may require that you fill out additional forms.)
• Shred or destroy your unused checks, account deposit slips and ATM/debit cards for any account(s) you are closing.
Step 4: Consider a TTCU Loan Refinance or TTCU Visa® Balance Transfer
• Speak with a TTCU loan officer about refinancing your loans
• Apply for a TTCU Visa Platinum credit card so you can get a great rate and transfer your high-rate balances to your new card. The TTCU Visa has no annual fee and no balance transfer fees. Get started today.
Step 5: Open an Online Banking and Mobile Banking Account
• Click here to get started and SIGN UP NOW for our TTCU Online Banking and Mobile Banking services. We offer a full array of online services to help you stay on top of your finances.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact our Member Service Representatives at 800-622-2535 and ask to speak with a loan specialist (Mon.-Thurs. 8:00 am-5:00 pm; Friday 8:00 am-6:00 pm - Central Time). Or if it is convenient, visit any branch.